Ferrari World Abudhabi-Largest indoor theme park on earthThere is good news for all those who are planning to visit Abudhabi.The world’s largest indoor theme park with the fastest roller-coaster is going to be functional here in Yas Island from end 2010.Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is the world’s first Ferrari theme park.The theme park’s famous red roof,which itself is a structure of its own stature,is claimed to have been directly inspired by the classic double curve side profile of the Ferrari GT body.It covers a surface area of 200,000m² (2.15 million square feet) and features the largest “Prancing horse” emblem in the world, measuring an astonishing 66 meters (217 feet) in diameter.We are sure that Ferrari world is going to be the topmost attraction of Abudhabi in future.
The main attractions of this theme park are
- Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest rollercoaster, reaching speeds of up to 40 km/h, emulating the feeling of being in a Ferrari F1 car
- Miniature Italia, Bell’Italia
- State-of-the-art racing simulators as those used by the Ferrari racing team
- Flume ride journey through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
- Driving and Racing school for junior drivers, with expert training
- Aerial voyage over Italy following a Ferrari
Celebrating speed, aerodynamics and technical innovation, Formula Rossa will take you on the most thrilling ride of your life. Strap yourself into the F1 cockpit and blast away on the fastest rollercoaster on the planet. You’ll accelerate up to 240km/h, feel the power of 1.7 Gs, and race 52 metres into the sky, before flying through the chicanes and across the finish line.
• Speed: Up to 240km/h
• 0 to 100 km/h in 2 seconds
• Horsepower: 20,800
• G-Force: 1.7Gs
• Maximum elevation: 52m
• Lowest elevation: 1.5m
Enjoy a refreshing change of speed as you explore a miniature Italia. From the picturesque Portofino and the Amalfi Coast, to Milano’s Monza racetrack, the Colosseum di Roma, Venezia, and of course, Maranello, all the beauty and culture, is waiting. You’ll wander cobbled footpaths and elevated walkways, or take a leisurely drive in a small-scale Ferrari 250 California, circa 1957, past the best of Italia’s cityscapes, famous landmarks and racing venues. Covering an area of 6,300 m² featuring 17 stops along the way, Bell’Italia is fully landscaped with the grasses and plants native to the Italian countryside, attention has been given to every detail, even down to the texture of the rocks in the miniature Alps.
• Featured Ferrari: A 250 California Spider, circa 1957
• You may choose to either walk or drive
• Buildings are 1-20 scale replicas of the originals
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is located on Yas Island, a 25km² destination, which is situated just 30 minutes and 50 minutes respectively from Abu Dhabi and Dubai Marina.